18 June 2009

Midsummer. People generally escape from the city, gather themselves up somewhere in the green non-city environment. I think I will do the opposite this year and not escape, going to stay in the city.

I love my usual escape destination, love it as it usually is. It gives me time and space to think, without having a lot of people around, just having the ones I want to have around actually around. During midsummer that won't happen, as people who never ever sets their feet around that place during any of the other weeks of the year gather themselves up around there too. All of a sudden my escape destination is a crowded nightmare.

But then again. Who knows what I will do? It is midsummer. Ancient things we thought were forgotten are brought back and you never know what happens...Except from the usual rain, the mosquitoes, the way too drunk guy/girl you try to escape from, the dancing, the drinking, the eating, the late night swim in that lake, those memories from past years...

midsummer:2 2008rhubarb vodkamidsommarblomster / Wood Cranesbill / Geranium sylvaticummidsummer:1 2008

...and suddenly you wake up the next day!

No comments: