24 January 2009

san vs. the world

I ran into a "funny" guy the other day. It was way way icy so I took the bus, which I seldom do. The bus was really crowded, i.e. some random people were to end up standing.

This guy and his pregnant girlfriend, both of them being something like 20-22 years old, get on the bus (bus still hasn't left the main bus station). The guy sits down on the opposite side of the aisle from where I was sitting, thereby taking the last free seat in the bus. Once sitting down he turns to me and says:

"hey my girlfriend is pregnant, why don't you give her your seat?"

This little action made me think "huh?!? wh-what?" and it ended with me saying something in line with:

"get your own ass up and let her take your seat instead"



***
Jeeez where is this world going? The guy set himself down, leaving his own pregnant girlfriend standing!?! After him saying what he did - no way in hell that I would give her my seat. If he hadn't said it I probably would have offered her my seat, considering her condition and all (especially since I doubt that anyone else sitting nearby would have done so).

No comments: