11 April 2008

gnocchi

Surprise! I (who do not like cooking that much at all) did some potato based gnocchi today, from scratch. The one person who saw this happen said that I have to write this down...

Allow me call this experiment a bit interesting, the recipe I used was a bit odd (must however be some "Swedish version of gnocchi" since the ones I made in Italy with the Italians were not exactly like this) but was working after all - the instructions on how to actually cook them was a completely different thing:
  • Follow the instructions that comes with the recipe -> you get some really odd gnocchi that don't look or taste like gnocchi;
  • Follow your "instinct" -> gnocchi will be ok.
Maybe I need to take some kind of cooking class or something that makes me enjoy cooking more, I usually find it extremely boring!

No comments: